I’ve always read books slowly. I digest them, research as I read, and take notes along the way. They are my mentors. I enjoy slow and deliberate thinking. A few thoughts on reading:
- I will re-read favorite books the way I rewatch favorite movies and replay favorite albums.
- I will take a deep breath and understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE to read everything on my list.
- I will be selective about my reading. If I don’t like it, then I won’t finish it.
- For my favorite authors, I’ll read other books they’ve written as well as what they read.
- I will read books primarily in audiobook format.
- I will use Audible as a last resort, I will seek out the author’s audiobook on MP3 first and support my local bookstore instead of Amazon when I can.
Browse by Year
These are the books I’ve completed reading so far this year. Favorite books are denoted by a ★
|Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life
by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles